Easy to Make Quick & Yummy Lunch-Box Recipes for kids!
Once the school begins after a long vacation, kids don’t feel like going and would often throw tantrums if asked to attend their school. It is really tough for parents to make their kids fall in love with their school once again and get them excited about the new term. It is said that most of the times, the way to a person’s heart is via their tummy and it rings true when it comes to children as well.
By making really yummy food for their lunch or tiffin, parents can give a pleasant surprise to their kids as they will be going through homesickness and it’s also another way of telling your kids how much you love them. Children are fussy eaters and there’s no easy way to get them complete their lunch without leaving anything in the box. Try to make food that is healthy by adding lots of veggies, and also don’t forget about its final presentation as the look sometimes really matters. The secret however lies in making a dish creatively and aesthetically appealing.
Below here are some Quick, Healthy & Yummy Tiffin Box ideas that can be helpful for parents to prepare delicious dishes for their kids:
- Banana Oatmeal Sponge Cookies:
1 Cup mashed ripe banana, 2 Cups Oatmeal, ½ Teaspoon Vanilla, ¼ Cup apple sauce, 1/3 Cup raisins, ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon powder.
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all the ingredients until they are moist. This mixture will be sticky and that’s totally normal.
- Put a tablespoon of this mixture on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Flatten it as per your wish as these won’t expand on baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 Minutes and keep them aside for a while, till they cool down and now they’re ready to serve.
Cook time: 15 Minutes and Prep time: 5 Minutes
- Broccoli, Baby corn and Colorful Pasta Salad:
1 Cup Broccoli (cut into small pieces), 6-7 Baby Corns (diced into big blocks), 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil, 1 Teaspoon Garlic, Salt and Pepper to taste, 2 Cups Penne (Pasta, multi-flavoured), ¼ Cup Parmesan Shavings.
- Boil the broccoli in hot water for 7-8 Minutes and drain well.
- Similarly boil the pasta and run it under cold water and drain well.
- In a pan heat olive oil, to it add garlic and sauté it for 1-2 minutes.
- Then add baby corn and sauté until it turns slight brown shade.
- Add the boiled broccoli and seasoning and fry it for 1-2 Minutes and remove from the stove.
- Finally add the boiled pasta and garnish it with a shaving of parmesan.
Cook time: 30 Minutes and Prep time: 5 Minutes
- Almond Coconut Bars:
1 Cup chopped almonds, 1 Cup grated dry coconut, 1 ¾ Cups coarsely crushed quick cooking rolled oats, ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon powder, ¼ Teaspoon salt, 1 Teaspoon Vanilla essence, ¼ Cup honey, 1 Cup peanut butter.
- Roast the almonds in a pan for 3 minutes on a medium flame.
- Combine the almonds, coconut, oats, cinnamon powder and salt in a bowl and mix these entire ingredients well.
- Then add vanilla essence, honey and peanut butter to the existing mixture.
- In a 7 inch aluminum tin covered with a foil, spread the mixture evenly and refrigerate for 30 Minutes.
- Remove from the tin and cut it into equal shaped bars, it is now ready to serve.
Cook time: 3 Minutes and Prep time: 20 Minutes
- Apples and Peanut Butter:
1 Apple, 2-4 Tablespoons peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
- Slice the apple and remove the seeds.
- Spread the peanut butter equally on the slices.
Prep time: 5 minutes, it is best served as breakfast. It is very simple and loaded with energy to help your children go through the day.
- Caramel Cookies with Eggs:
½ Cup homemade caramel sauce, 1 ½ Cup plain flour, 1 Teaspoon baking powder, ½ Teaspoon salt, ½ Cup soft butter, ½ Cup brown sugar, ¼ Cup powdered sugar, 1 egg, 1 Teaspoon vanilla essence, 39 Gems.
- Start by sieving the plain flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl, keep aside.
- In another bowl add butter, brown sugar and powdered sugar; gently stir the mixture till it is light and fluffy.
- To this mixture add egg, vanilla essence and the plain flour mix, which we prepared in the beginning.
- Add caramel sauce and mix it well to form a thick mixture.
- Take a baking tray lined with butter paper and put the mixture on the tray in scoops.
- Bake them in a pre heated oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and put 3 gems on each cookie and bake them again at 180 degrees for 7-8 minutes.
- Allow it to cool completely, and it is ready to serve. We can also store them in air tight container and use as needed.
Baking time: 22-33 Minutes and Prep time: 10 Minutes, Baking Temperature: 180 degrees.
These above mentioned recipes are few of the quick and delicious foods that parents can prepare for their kids, without losing the nutrition part. Apart from these there are other items like sprouts, fruit salads and shakes of any kind that can be also included in their diet plan. This can ensure that your kids would love what’s inside the lunch box and can make their day even more special by trying out different recipes that they can look forward to.